My School > Learners > Absentees
Type <Ctrl> <F> to search for words in the article.
Absenteeism of learners is captured for various reasons:
- Attendance statistics for the Department of Education
- To indicate the number of days a learner was absent on various reports
- Incentives for classes where students obtained 100% attendance
- Certificates for learners with 100% attendance
- Therefore please ensure that absentees are captured accurately as it affects many other processes.
Note: Make sure that the terms and holidays are set up correctly before you begin to enter absences.
How to enter or remove learner absentees
Please note that the setup under MY SCHOOL > GENERAL > SCHOOL SETUP (Absentees Information) will already select the correct parent/s.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can I not capture absentees on certain days?
If the dates of the week do not display or do not display correctly it means the day might be outside your term dates which means that your terms and holidays are not set up correctly.
Absentees for learners can only be read in for a set term. Go to My School > General > Terms, to set up the correct dates for your school terms.
Please note: Absentees can also be entered under Whereabouts go to My School > Learners > Whereabouts and click on the " magnifying glass" to the left of the learner's name. At the top of the screen, you will find the option to enter the absentee.
© Copyright d6 group (Pty) Ltd.