Reports > Finances > Transactions > Trial Balance
Type <Ctrl> <F> to search for words in the article.
A Trial Balance displays a list of ledger accounts with the total amounts of all transactions which are posted on each general ledger account. Each of these general ledger accounts contains the detailed transactions which represent the amounts. A Trial Balance must balance to R0.00.
In the system, there are a few additional options available on the trial balance which are not available in any other accounting systems. This guide will help you to understand these options better.
How to generate a trial balance
- Choose whether or not you want to generate the report to a date or for a period. Note that with a period, the opening balances aren't included.
- Enter the date/s you want to generate the report for.
- Choose whether you want to see only balance columns or debit, credit and balance columns
- Choose whether the profile control accounts should be consolidated.
- Choose the account under which projects should be included.
- Choose to show accounts/projects with a 0 balance.
- Choose whether to print the Balance Sheet and Income Statement separately.
- Click on to show the report. The report will be generated as a .pdf document. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this document.
© Copyright d6 group (Pty) Ltd