Learners have to indicate annually whether they intend to re-register at the same school or if they will be leaving at the end of the year. This process affects many aspects within the System, as it is used for statistics for departmental reporting, printing transfer cards at the end of the year and the learners class divisions for the following year.
It is best practice to complete this option during the course of the school year (as the school receive re-registration documentation back from learners). Waiting until all documents are received back before starting to capture the details, creates a massive workload.
RE-REGISTRATION OF LEARNERS
- Prerequisites before this step can be completed:
- All Re-registration Forms must be completed by parents and received back.
- To print re-registration forms, click on: Reports > Learners > Re-registration Forms
To do re-registrations, click on: My School > Learners > Re-registrations
A screen will be displayed:
This table summarizes the status of re-registrations for all register classes:
- The Red column shows the number of learners per register class for which no feedback has been received or the re-registration process has not been started.
- The Orange column shows the number of re-registration forms are outstanding per register class.
- The Green columns shows the number of learners that have re-registered for the following year and the number that will be leaving at the end of the current year, per register class.
- For each of the register classes, click on the blue "eye" icon next to the register class or alternatively click on the radio button next to the register class and click on the "Select button".
- If a learner's form is outstanding, indicate this by clicking next to the learner on the radio button. Note that you will not be able to proceed to step 2 of the admin year-end until all outstanding forms have been returned and you have an indication of whether the learner will be attending school the following year or not. The learners who have not re-registered will not be available for class grouping.
- If a learner re-registers for the next year, indicate this by clicking next to the learner on the radio button.
- If a learner leaves the school in the next year, indicate this by clicking next to the learner on the radio button.
- Click on the "continue" button to save your changes.
- If all learners in a register class re-register for the following year, Scroll to the bottom of the list, tick the "Select All" block.
- Notice that all the entries have turned from orange to green now. Click on the "Continue" button to proceed or click on "Preview preliminary transfer cards" to preview the transfer cards of the learners that have indicated they will be leaving at the end of the year.
- You can now proceed to do the same for all of the other register classes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When should Re-registrations be done?
As per DOE instructions, Re-registrations should be done at the same time that enrollments open for the next year.
- How can I generate preliminary transfer cards?
Once all of your “leave end of the year” indications have been made, click on the "Preview preliminary transfer cards" button at the end of the page.
© Copyright d6 group (Pty) Ltd.